Friday, April 8, 2016

NEW MUSIC - 'Slave to the Night' by Woodman [prod. Nino Ice]

"Graffiti on the sidewalk, that's the word on the street/
I usually keep to myself; my words are discreet/
But now it's urgent for me, to have a purpose on beats/
I'm the voice of a generation that has to learn how to speak/
Up and then strive, on this ride I'm hoping to rise/
Clockwork orange--- I'm here to open up eyes/
Keep wasting time and you'll be regretting it in the end/
You can repent but there will still remain things, that will never mend/"

-Woodman, 'Slave to the Night'


Ya know what that is?  That's urgency.  Not enough MCs spit with that.  The realization that their words aren't just words, they're lifelines.  Somebody out there is listening for the right syllables to come together to motivate them beyond mediocrity.  I know I am.




With that being said, peep the single by Woodman, reppin the Nasty North.  And definitely... MOST definitely support the new album, Assimilation.  Don't diss what you hate; feed what you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat It Up!