Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Christmas Freaking Anthem: ‘#1HAPPYHOLIDAY’ by D.R.A.M., 12/22/2015


Before I start, I’m gonna talk crazy:  this is the best Christmas song I’ve heard since… Donnie Hathaway’s “This Christmas”.  I couldn't tell if D.R.A.M. could really sing or not at first, but this song confirms--- he can sing so well that he can have a good time while doing it.


So, story time. I know a lovely couple up in Baltimore; we all went to high school together so we keep in touch.  One day I get a video in my Facebook inbox--- it was “I Like to Cha Cha” by D.R.A.M.  In short, I was brainwashed that day (thanks a lot Sis >:-| )  In fact, I was brainwashed to the point that I was kinda bummed about that whole “Hotline Bling” thing.  But that's another day's journey.

Since that unfortunate turn of events, I had been hoping that D.R.A.M. would somehow make lightning strike twice--- “Oh please, D.R.A.M.!  I don’t know how ur gunna do it, but PLEASE bring the party back!”  ...And that’s when I found out that DRAM is Black Santa Claus--- BEHOLD!!!  A CHRISTMAS FREAKING ANTHEM!!


Every radio station across the country should be playing this; I don’t care if they get the song late and play it AFTER Christmas.  This joint be JAMMIN’, word to the mistletoe.


…Seriously, is anybody merrier than this guy?  I heard even Santa’s elves formed a union and went on strike >:-\


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat It Up!