Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Day I Fell In Love with Decapre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAJAAx9KGus

I love it when I can point to a specific moment in a match having significance like this.
 The sequence of events that occurs 0:44-0:54 in the video above is the reason Decapre is on my roster.  At the time I sucked as a Decapre player (probably still do), and I totally expected to lose that first round.  But after those magical 10 seconds, I knew several things.  I knew that my experience with charge characters (Guile and Gen) was enough to lay a foundation for me to become a great Decapre player if I wanted to.  I knew that, like Gen, Decapre's powerful attacks have the potential to turn a match around effortlessly with a few deadly strokes.  And I knew that, although neither me nor my opponent were performing at elite levels, Decapre has the kind of skill set that could pose a threat to even the most obsessive compulsive players--- the kind of skill set that could create a lot of, "There's nothing you could've done" situations for my opponents.

...Honestly, even if you think the match was garbage, when you watch 0:44-0:54, I'm pretty certain you'll feel a little of what I felt.  To see half a bar disappear like that, you can't help but be a little smitten, right?

#SHENANIGANS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat It Up!